So I have this basket that I add to every so often of the good and bad. Honestly, I think these are going to be mostly bad or meh. I want to preface this with a side note as well – I don’t hate the brands I’m about to show you, I just dislike a few of the products that I’ve tried and they didn’t work out for me. So with out further ado, here’s the full basket (I only chose 10 products and I’ll just keep going until the basket is empty). I promise not to keep you here too long with nonsensical babble. Key words: Too long.
Ok. So here we are. The castaways to the bottom shelf that no longer have a hold on me. Where promises that were made, to only become disappointments in the end for me. I know some of you are looking at this pile thinking “oh dear god I own a few of those things and they’re fabulous! WTF is wrong with her?!?!?!” Nothing. Well plenty but this isn’t the type of blog I write about. Individuality means, what works for YOU may not work out for ME. With that being said, here are the 10 products I’m going to spotlight for today (I will not link nor leave a price on any of these, due to availability and the amount of shit I’m going to be talking. I’ll leave it to you to use your Google machine to figure it out).
- Top left picture from left to right:
- Milk Makeup Kush Fiber Brow Gel (color: Dub) – I LOVE brow gels. They’re so easy and natural looking but this color is straight up ‘red brick.’ Which would never even match my red hair when I had it (oh I miss you red hair). It was borderline ‘Clownesque Orange’ – if you steal this color name for an eye palette, I’m gonna need credit. So she has to go – I don’t know a single soul this will benefit, TO THE TRASH WITH YOU! PASS.
- Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Loose Setting Powder (Translucent Peach) – 1st time I used this, it was like a blurring miracle was bestowed upon me. It didn’t settle in my lines and it was a beautiful world. It also smelled like sweet peaches, I was in love! 3 containers later, I’m orange and I look like a cakey mess. What happened???
It escalated so quickly! Our skin changes all the time, different seasons, textures happen and age. I also have to keep away from anything that says ‘mattifying,’ it just never works out. I loved what she did for me in the little time of our relationship but we need to break up Peach. Thanks for the sweet memories! PASS.
- Touch In Sol Pretty Filter Glassy Skin Balm – I used this as a primer before I put my foundation on. Again, we started out SO strong! Come to find out it’s a little touch and go with some foundations (pun intended). It left little tiny popped air bubbles on my nose (wtf am I right?). It was odd so I tried it with another foundation. Worked, however, when I applied my setting powder it moved the foundation into another area code. No Bueno. I enjoy the hell out of this brand but this balm doesn’t deliver for my makeup prep needs. Adios hochachos! PASS.
- Milk Makeup Holographic Stick (Supernova) – Hello again. Cream products go with cream products and they go before powder. Check. I’m aware of this. However, if you go down on top of my foundation and you move or remove my foundation, you’re out. I have no patience for this sort of shenanigan parade. I’ve tried to love this so much, it gives me glowy rave vibes (yeah I said it). This has a really pretty purple/blue shift and it’s loaded with nourishing oils that very well don’t go with my foundations. Maybe one day I will find a Milk product that I like but until then, I’ll just wait. PASS.
- Revolution Blow Out! High Volume Mascara with Cannabis Sativa (Black) – Mascara claims make me laugh hysterically on a daily basis. I was curious with this one for the price and the whole cannabis trend. This mascara was the biggest joke I’ve ever heard, seen and witnessed. I don’t know if I got a bad batch but there was no sight of ‘volume’ and I think it was completely dried out maybe? The wand looked promising, it separated the lashes but where was the product??? This was a complete disaster in my eyes and for that, you go where you belong – the TRASH. PASS.
- L’Oréal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick (Les Chocolats Scented – Candy Man 842) – So I love matte liquid lipsticks and this smells like how the chocolate pencils smelled in the 8th grade. This color was perfect but there’s one thing I hate that mattes have the tendency to do, that’s ball up and act weird. Like, who invited the awkward kid to my makeup party? I can handle the ‘halo’ effect of the inside lip wearing away as you eat and drink. If I so much as feel peeling lipstick on my lips, my skin will start crawling. This was a great idea but L’Oréal, be better because I can buy cheaper matte lipsticks that don’t act out like this. PASS.
- Bottom 2 in 1st picture:
- Wet n Wild Power Pellets Bronzer & Blushlighter (Limited edition Pac Man Set) – These were pellets of color that rolled around all willy nilly in the container. The downside of buying the entire set of a limited edition launch, is putting it into someone else’s hands that all shades and everything inside is going to be a solid match just for you. This isn’t always the case, especially here. The blushlighter was a pinky peach that no matter how little I got on my brush, I was going to look like the 80’s queen that I am (but not always looking for). It’s too much and far too hard to diffuse (or blend out if you will). I’ll give them credit on the pigmentation for both these products! Same for the bronzer, I was orange by the end of my short lived appointment with that jar full of pigment balls. If I used them both, it was like sending an SOS to the aliens in outer space and for that I am ooooooouuuuuuttttttt. Also, the entire rest of the line, for the most part, was absolutly amazing! PASS.
- Bottom Left Picture:
- BH Cosmetics Neutral Eyes 28 Color Eyeshadow Palette – For transparencies sake, I got this for free when I ordered from BH Cosmetics. I didn’t have a choice in the matter and neutral palettes make me die a little on the inside sometimes. Not all of them but I mean, how many VERY similar browns do we need in the same palette? Would this be good for someone starting out? Ehhhh in my opinion, No – it’s not set up well and to be honest, the pigment is a dumpster fire (#sorrynotsorry). There’s 1 random pink color and it’s just bad and unusable. Major fall out and yes, it was free but it doesn’t have to be like this. I will give them credit for the metallic white shade at the left corner so there’s that? Also, none of the shades are even named which makes it a little worse for me as well. NAME YOUR EYESHADOWS PEOPLE – it shows you put time and care and I like that shit. PASS.
- Bottom Right Picture:
- BH Cosmetics Hangin’ in Hawaii 16 Color Shadow Palette – Oh hey it’s you again…So it’s hard ordering stuff online because pictures can vary with makeup. Hits and misses can happen and this happened to me. Pigment is lack luster and the shades were so very close to each other. They named the shadows on this one and I do love the names – Pineapple, Hibiscus, Ohana, etc. This is a very warm palette and I’ll spray it with rubbing alcohol so it can find a new home. PASS with a tiny side of SMASH.
So yeah it seems as though I shit on a lot of companies in this blog. Here’s the deal, I have AMAZING products from every single one of these companies (except Milk but I hear good things!). I’d like to see more consistency especially since there’s a panel of people making decisions on what’s going in and out. Also, I know they’re not making products just for me ( I’m aware, thanks!). So if I mention patchy, unpigmented colors, peeling lipstick (etc.) then that’s a quality opportunity that I hope they fix. If not, oh well life goes on and I can just not buy their products and scroll on. Well I hope you enjoyed this trash pile break down of Smash or Pass (but let’s be real this was all PASS) and I will keep going with it until you beg me to stop.
Let me know if you hate this or love this or don’t care down below (i’ll take the feedback where I can get it!). Remember to like, love, share to help me grow. Peace out my little Rebels – Have the best day!
Sad to hear the wet n wild products didn’t work! Love the packing though, it’s a shame. The Hangin’ in Hawaii palette looks really pretty too. Hopefully, you’ll have better luck finding products in the near future!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I really do love lots most products from both those lines and these were a little off par for my needs. Imagine my disappointment for the Hangin’ In Hawaii – it was beautiful but just ended up dull and chalky. I know luck will be on my side in the future. Thanks for your feedback ❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person