Rebel Beauty Courtney’s Holiday Makeup Guide 2021
Hello my rebels! We’re getting closer to the holiday season and you know what that means, holiday sales and new makeup releases! There’s quite a few so I chose the top 10 ones that looked fun and worth a shot. I read lots of reviews and all of them were pretty much still available now but a couple were a little questionable in quality. Sephora and Ulta have TONS of sales and new products so please check them out when you can because they change frequently during the holiday season. Let’s leave our beauty standards at the door and check out what’s going on in the makeup/skincare world during the holidays…
- Morphe x Pony Constellation Sky Artistry Palette $36 – Park Hye-min, known professionally as Pony or Pony Park, is a South Korean make-up artist, blogger, and Beauty YouTuber. Pony is credited with popularizing Korean beauty trends worldwide. She was listed in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia in 2017 for her make-up career. This palette is packed with 39 shimmering shadow, blush, and highlighter shades to create Pony Park’s ethereal, eye-catching look. I think this is a really beautiful palette. I’m not a huge fan of Morphe but I might think about getting this one and burying the hatchet. We shall see!
- Morphe x Pony Constellation Sky Lip Gelee Trio $20 – This trio bundles three sheer, shimmering shades to create Pony Park’s star-kissed, tinted lip look. They look beautiful to complete this set but I’m not a big lip gloss person and these shades look almost exactly the same on the models.
- Two Faced Forbidden Fruitcake Mini Eye Shadow Palette $27 – Too Faced took the classic Christmas treat with the bad rep everybody loves to hate and turned it into the Forbidden Fruitcake Mini Eye Shadow Palette of your Yuletide dreams with rich, warm, delectable shades and pops of sweet color nobody can resist! So I’ve noticed a trend of neutral colors this Christmas season, I think this is a very cute palette but the price tag isn’t giving me “worth it” vibes for 8 pans of color. Just about the only reason I’m including this is they really do have a solid set up with the holidays and they bundle stuff up together for more bang for your buck!
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer $120 full set – “Just like Rudolph himself, this exclusive collection is going down in history! Only available on ColourPop, this full set features the NEW holiday edition Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer® Pressed Powder Palette! Features a mix of 15 festive shades in ivory, gold, burgundy, reindeer brown and green in sparkling metallics and creamy mattes.
Set includes a full Rudolph® lip routine for a super festive pout! Pucker up for the cutest peppermint candy cane-flavored Rudolph® Lippie Scrub that doubles as a holiday decoration. Then create the perfect holiday red lip with the Rudolph® Crème Lux Lipstick and matching Lippie Pencil. Nourish lips overnight with a peppermint-flavored soft holly berry-toned Clarice™ Lip Mask Decoration, then swipe on the cutest nude lip with the Clarice™ Crème Lux Lipstick and matching Lippie Pencil. Add some gloss to your holiday looks with the Couple of Misfits Lux Gloss Trio in 3 new shades Hermey, Misfit Elephant, and Dolly.
Get into the holiday spirit with the SOL Body™ Humble Bumble™ Mega Mood Melt snowflake-shaped bath bomb to add a fresh scent to your warm bath. Then give your skin a touch of holiday glow with the mini SOL Body™ Jingle Jingle Jingle Shimmering Body Powder. Top it all off with the most adorable fuzzy n’ fluffy reindeer hair clips!” – ColourPop
This is a very cute collection of items. Feel free to click the link to head over to the website to see everything broken down into separate prices (You can do it for all of these collections). A few things have sold out but you can buy this entire set still.
- Roaring Hearts Full Collection $83.30 (30% off right now!) – “Let the good times roar with our NEW ‘20s inspired Roaring Hearts Collection! This ultra-glam collection relives the carefree days of flappers, jazz, lacquered lips, speak easy cocktails, and all night dance parties. Set includes our 10-Pan Pressed Powder Palette in a range of warm neutrals with blendable matte and glitzy metallic finishes, 2 duos of our iconic Super Shock Shadow in Ultra-Glitter finishes, 8 shades of our NEW full-coverage, ultra-glossy Fresh Kiss Lip Lacquer, 3 shades of our FIRST EVER smudge-proof liquid Graphix Ink Liner, 2 shades of our Luster Dust highlighting powder, and a pair of our super flirty Flapper Faux Lashes.” – ColourPop I actually adore this entire collection! I love anything and everything “rose” colored and cool, I can’t explain it but it just grabs my attention. I know I have these colors already in my collection but this was a really pretty collection!
- On A Whimsy $18 (Ulta.com Only) – “ColourPop’s daydreamy On A Whimsy Pressed Powder Palette features whimsical shades perfect for daytime. It includes a range of soft neutrals, peach, pink, sage, and taupe.” – Ulta. These 2 next palettes are really fun and light. Very light day time pastel colors with a pop of light blue.
- Ticket to Dreamland $18 (Ulta.com Only) – “Step right up to this surreal dream of a palette. ColourPop’s Ticket To Dreamland Pressed Powder Palette features vivid nighttime shades in a range of golds, coral, orchid, emerald, and chocolate.” – Ulta. This is the nighttime version of the one above. The colors are a bit darker but it still falls under a very neutral palette in my eyes but with a smoky twist on the dark brown and black. Both palettes would be good to have if you want to take the guesswork out of what’s good for day/night eye looks and you’re just getting started.
- Milan Rowe Cosmetics Poison Ivy $39 – “In collaboration with Doodles By The Bunny, Milan Rowe presents the long anticipated Poison Ivy Palette. As Angela puts it – “it’s the green palette we never knew we needed”. And we agree. Packed with 14 vibrant buildable shades, Poison Ivy is truly a stunner.” – Milan Rowe Cosmetics. I’ve not heard of this brand before but I do know Doodles By The Bunny has been a beauty illustrator and palette designer and Milan Rowe has taken her up on what she does. This color story is absolutely gorgeous and is something I’m going to definitely check out this season!
- Revolution x Elf (Prices from Ulta) – Ok. I’m going to go ahead and preface this with some words of the wise just from reading the reviews. People are not happy with the quality of these eye shadow palettes and it TOTALLY bums me the fuck out! Everything is SO cute and for them to release something that the quality isn’t great, is a complete let down. A let down to their customers and to affordable companies actually trying to make a name for themselves. Honestly? Revolution, you should be ashamed of yourselves #isaidwhatisaid.
- Physicians Formula Butter Cheat Day Full Collection $39.99 (Ulta.com) – “Even your healthy makeup routine deserves a cheat day now and then, and Physicians Formula is here to help you indulge in the sweet side of beauty with the Butter Cheat Day Full Collection. Enjoy a day at the café with this collection of deliciously scented bronzer. Features:
- Nourishing and Moisturizing: Made with a buttery smooth blend of Murumuru Butter, Cupuacu Butter, and Tucuma Butter from the nutrient-rich Amazon, this makeup glides on for a smooth application and is packed with essential fatty acids and pro-vitamins that soften, condition, and moisturize the skin.
- Made for Sensitive Skin: Physicians Formula makeup is specifically formulated with your health and comfort in mind. That’s why they use high-quality hypoallergenic and natural ingredients, leaving you looking and feeling beautiful from the inside out.
- Cruelty-Free: All Physicians Formula foundations, eye makeup, lipsticks, and other cosmetics are always cruelty-free and never test on animals.
- Supports Climate Literacy: Proceeds from this collection benefit the Earth Day Network and their Climate Literacy Campaign to educate children around the world. Together, we can build a BUTTER world!” – Ulta. These are very cute and if you couldn’t choose one to try, you can just try all 4 and you save $3 on each one! I’ve always loved Physicians formula and they keep coming up with amazing products at affordable prices.
- Physicians Formula Butter Holi – Fame Collection Cosmetic Gift $24.99 (Target.com) – 38-Piece Makeup Palette: This Murumuru Butter makeup collection includes 8 bronzers, 6 blushes, and 24 colorful eyeshadows, all conveniently packed up in a foldable palette that can travel with you.” – Target. I love these for traveling. It’s such a great palette to have with SO many options and I really love how affordable (I know, again lol) something like this is. It’s also really great for people that are new to makeup and want to dip their toes in. I want to get this but I really don’t need it!
- PUR XO Nabela (Ulta.com) – “Embrace self-love, self-care, and skincare with the limited edition PÜR xo Nabela Embrace Your Face Eye & Cheek Palette, made in collaboration with entrepreneur and creator Nabela Noor. Nabela Noor is an inspiring influencer who fights for diversity and acceptance of plus-sized people and people of color” – Ulta. This is a very pretty collaboration but it kinda reminds me of all the other Barbie collabs Pur has already done so this is a bit underwhelming for me personally. I also appreciate that they did a couple of skin care products with the 2 makeup products. I will always be delighted with the companies that are very well rounded with their collabs and include something outside of makeup!
Well that’s it Rebels! There were SO many new holiday releases so it was incredibly hard to choose. Don’t forget all of the sales right now and even after the end of the year. What new release are you looking at for the season? Is it too overwhelming? Because believe me, even I’m a bit overwhelmed with all of the new things. Alright frands, please take care of yourselves, stay classy & make good choices xoxo…
Support me HERE.