Rebels! Listen, I 100% forgot to do this in January! It was the very 1st blog I wrote (wanna read it? Go HERE) and I wanted to update it on a yearly basis. A lot of what you see above has been mentioned in a handful of my blogs so I’ll link them below and I won’t say too much in this blog like I usually do! HA! Everybody finds new products within the year to just update or tweak their go-to look and it looks like I’ve almost changed my go-to look completely! I’d also like to add, how much better my blog has gotten since that 1st blog. BUT! I still laughed at this…
So I just smashed this shit on my face with brushes and sponges. Not helpful? Maybe I’ll do a video – sound off down below if you want to hear me ramble on forever about this face of makeup. Also, I’m working on my social media accounts so don’t get shitty with me.Clearly I said this…
By the way, no one got shitty with me in case you were wondering! Ok enough of this, lets leave our beauty standards at the door and get into my go-to look of 2022…
- Mikayla x Glamlite Palette (blog, link to buy go HERE) $42: Ok so this is by far my favorite palette. I swatched these before but I didn’t feel right not swatching them with the stencils that I’m using now! If you’re looking for that rainbow palette, this is it! I honestly would of paid more money for this palette. Quality is beyond what I expected AND it’s still available!
- Urban Decay Perversion Volumizing Mascara $26: This gives length and volume (the bitch is thiCCCCCK so take your time layering) and the only thing I’ve found that I’ve come across is the Essence mascara that’s $5. GREAT price point there BUT it’s still isn’t going to touch Urban Decays Perversion. Honestly, besides this and the All Nighter Setting Spray, there isn’t another product of theirs I buy.
- ColourPop Tinted Feather Effect Styling Wax in Brown $8: I guess I haven’t mentioned and I think I know why…lol… So do you wanna know what I love so much about makeup? The amount of time I spend figuring out how a product works BEFORE I watch a video. I had 0 clue you needed to spray it with a small amount of setting spray to get the wax moving and on your spoolie. Not to mention, this has 0 tint so don’t think this is in any way opaque. This absolutely keeps my brows where I want/need them. I would get the Elf wax stick 1st (from last years go-to look) to see if wax is what you really want to explore.
- Rare Beauty Brow Harmony (Blog, link to buy go HERE) $22: Ok so I’m torn between the brow gel & the triangular cream stick. Rare Beauty gave me both and it’s my absolute favorite!
- Kaleidos Cloud Lab Lip Clay Sandcastle (blog, swatches & link to buy HERE) $35 for 4: These literally feel like clouds on your lips. They dry matte and it’s no where near what others do (they do not make your lips look like buttholes either). You can now buy each one for $12 or you can make your own bundle (w/ tin box) for $36.
- Hourglass Mineral Primer (blog HERE) Link to buy $75: Honestly, this primer is so nice and I hate the price SO damn much! It’s still $60 after a 20% off sale so for that I only use it for special occasions or when I really just want my makeup to look flawless.
- Beckisue Eyeshadow Primer (blog & link to buy HERE) $9.99 for 2: This is the best eyeshadow primer I’ve ever used and I LOVE IT!!! Go check it out!
- ColourPop No Filter Finishing Pressed Powder (no longer available BUT here’s the replacement HERE) $14: After using loose powder year after year, It’s very sad for me to announce I’ve had to make the decision to break up. I know, it’s been amazing while it lasted though! As you all know, I’ll be 40 this year in May. Gone are the days of baking and heavy powder on my face! I now purchase pressed powder because it’s A LOT easier to use a little of it. It’s far too hard to regulate loose powder. Oh well…until we meet again…
- ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hyaluronic Concealer (link to buy HERE) $9: I will also mention they have a matte version HERE if that’s your thing, but it’s not mine. I’ve spoken about this SO many times that you guys should already know. If your under eyes are dry and crepe then you need the Hyaluronic, but if you like that matte life, you know where to go!
- ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hyaluronic Hydrating Foundation (link to buy HERE) $16: During summer or winter, this foundation ALWAYS kills it! I’ve used every primer I have with it and it’s just the most delightful foundation. For price, I use this between using my Purlisse ($30) so I save some money there! I tell everyone about this foundation and concealer together, It’s just a perfect match. I do plan on trying out the tinted moisturizer they just came out with soon!
- ELF Stay All Night Micro-Fine Setting Mist Up to 16 Hrs (blog & link to buy HERE) $10: Does it last 16 hrs? No. Nothing does lol I mean, if you can find something that lasts 16 hrs in the middle of a summer here in Florida, call me. I’m gonna need that setting spray! Smells clean and it’s not a heavy smell, just very clean. The finish is very natural. I will 100% keep buying this bad boy!
- ColourPop Cheek Dew in Tumble 4 Ya (link for purchase HERE) $7: If you’re scared of liquid blush, please stop. It goes on sheer and it meant to be buildable. I love it. In fact, I don’t really want to purchase powder blushes anymore. It brings such a natural element when you use liquid. Try it at least once!
- Kaleidos Solar Sailor in G03 Space Age (blog & link to purchase HERE) $14: Say YES to this highlighter (they have tons of other shades), the formula is from another planet and they can LITERALLY see you if you wear it. It’s extra. Be careful or don’t?
- SOL Body Face & Body Bronzing Balm in Medium (link to purchase HERE) $15: Listen, I’m not saying this is a 100% dupe for Fenty Beauty buuuuut I don’t know. I mean, I don’t need to buy that beautiful bronzer from Fenty again so it’s definitely a dupe in my eyes.
annnnnnnnnnnnnnd that’s it Rebels! I’m going to work on a video for me applying all of my favorite products for possibly Friday! Thank you for your continued support – Don’t forget Skincare Basic – Intro to Beauty Tools tomorrow @ 8pm Est. If you haven’t been able to write a testimonial for me with the Sephora Squad, there’s still time! Head over HERE! Keep up to date with all of my social media SHINANAGINS and as always, Stay classy & make good decisions!