Hello Rebels! I hope you are having the best week ever! Before I get into my empties, I just want to let you know next week, there will be very minimal posting from me. I’m going to take a week off and enjoy my 40th birthday. I might still post a Treat YOself mask but other then that, I’ll be on break. Try not to miss me too much! Anyways, leave your beauty standards at the door and lets get into these empties…
- SOL Body Gradual Sunless Tanning Lotion in Fair to Light $16: This is probably the best tanning lotion I’ve tried. I don’t venture out into the sun very often because it’s too damn hot out but this actually doesn’t leave me looking too orange. TIP: Exfoliate all of the rough areas in the shower (elbows, knees, feet & even around scars) then I’ll shave my legs after. What I use: June X Moon Sugar Scrub in Watermelon $9.99. I use 1 cube for my entire body. Also, when you get out of the shower, use a nice thick cream on those rough areas you exfoliated (this helps the tanning lotion to go on a bit smoother and it doesn’t gather in areas that are rough) and really any thick lotion will do. Make sure you rub the lotion on the skin evenly OR you’ll get streaks and get the hose again…sorry I had to. Every few days I’ll repeat that whole process or if it gets to be too dark I’ll let it ride and it fades on its own. This has a light fragrance of tanning lotion (Hawaiian Tropics like smell). This is a huge SMASH for me!
- Kat Burki Vitamin C Intensive Face Cream $75 (Received in BoxyCharm): Hard PASS on that price. It wasn’t the worst thing I put on my face, as it agreed with my skin and all of the products I used with it. It wasn’t at all a bad, but for $75 you’d think it might be a little more memorable? It’s a decently thick cream so when I had dry skin in the winter, it did what it needed to do. That’s about it though! Smells like a light citrus but if it was any stronger it would almost mimic Pine Sol. 100% PASS.
- Stone Street Soaphouse Hay Ho! Wholesome Body Cream $31 (Received in BoxyCharm):
Its warm, straw-like fragrance was inspired by the scent of a haystack on a hot summer’s day.Stone Street Soaphouse
When I first got this I was like, “WTF is this even?” but then I started using it and I fell in love with it. It took my nose awhile to pick up the “hay/straw” scent and one day it just clicked. I used this cream after my shower when I just wanted a nice light scent. Would I buy this again at that price? Yes! It went with all of my perfumes and it was the perfect “clean” scent. I can probably find coupons to offset that price, if there’s a will, there’s a way! SMASH!
- Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream $48: This was the 2nd tub I’ve gotten and I absolutely LOVE this cream. The scent can be over powering and the cream is quite thick, but I loooooove this lotion! You don’t need to use a lot so $50 goes a long way. However, I’m trying to get through a lot of my bath, body, shampoo, conditioner, lotions, makeup, etc. before I buy repeats of things that I love. I did get a sample of the coconut one and it smells like dirt BUT a rose one just came out and I think I’ll try that out before I repurchase this one. Stay away if you are sensitive to smell or your skin is sensitive. I don’t think sensitivities will do well with this body cream. SMASH!
Oil free, moisturizing, natural-looking coverage. matte meets glowy finish for all skin types, even sensitive.Purlisse
This has been the best foundation I’ve found for my skin. I know that price tag isn’t the greatest but I will buy 2 during a sale so it isn’t as terrible. If you’re borderline reaching into “mature” skin then this is definitely something to try out. They have 4 types of foundation right now: Perfect Glow BB cream SPF 30, Youth Glow Vitamin C CC cream SPF 50, Ageless Glow BB Serum Cream SPF 40 & Radiant Glow Illuminating BB Cream SPF 30 (I’ve tried them all and they’re gorgeous on the skin). It all depends on the finish you want in your foundation. If you’re oily, I’d try out the Perfect Glow BB Cream first (use a “matte” primer first). I tend to go oily in the summer and I can still use these and I just use a little extra setting powder, matte primer & a “natural” setting spray. They also carry some great masks and skincare too! SMASH SMASH SMASH!
That’s it! Thanks for hanging out with me again! Don’t forget:
- Skincare Basics: TBD is tomorrow (5.11 @ 8pm Est.)!
- NEXT WEEK, I will be taking the week off so you may not see me post until 5.23
- Treat YOSELF Mask Monday: Ok we love it and it’s here to stay! This is just a reminder if you missed treating YOSELF for 15 min, there’s still time and you MATTER! Please be nicer to yourself! GO! Stop reading this and pamper yourself in any way!
- FIND ME on all of my social media HERE! I do my very best at keeping you all up to date on the latest, greatest and sometimes ridiculous beauty product releases!
- Interested in trying Jouer Cosmetics? Affiliation link HERE or you can add my code when you’re ordering: @REBELBEAUTYCOURTNEY for 15% off!
Stay classy & make good decisions!