REBELS I HAVE MISSED YOU!!! I took some much needed time off and I’m back and ready to go! I hope the past couple of weeks have treated you all well and you didn’t miss me too much! I will say this though, summer is fast approaching here in Satan’s Borthole, FL. I remember when I first moved here, my makeup turned into a puddle on my face with all of the humidity and that’s when I knew I was going to have to figure out how to beat it. Listen, not all of this stuff will work for everyone. Some of these tips have worked one day but not the next for me so I suggest you test some out to see the staying power for you! Remember: I have combination skin that leans oily in the summer and dry in the winter. Leave your beauty standards at the door and lets get to it…
- SPF 30+ Everyday, even if the sun isn’t out!: Find a sunscreen that fits your skin type and wear it every. single. damn. day. If your foundation says it has an SPF, please wear regular SPF anyways. You would have to wear a ton of that foundation to get the proper SPF you need. I know I need to get better at wearing SPF and so do you!!!
- Oily? Use oil-free foundation and oil-free moisturizer: Oil and water DO NOT MIX! If you tend to have a very oily face mid-day to end of day, you need to look at what’s in the products you use. Do any of them have oil ingredients listed in them? Water based products only play well with other water based products. Since I’m on the more “oily side” in the summer, and it’s generally always summer here (except for 2 weeks out of the year it goes below 50 degrees), most of my products are water based year around. Also, get yourself some blotting papers or take a small compact of powder with you if you’re out and about. ELF has 30 sheets for $3 and there’s a lot of great reviews on them HERE.
- Dry? Mix your moisturizer in with your foundation: It doesn’t take much and a little extra moisturizer isn’t going to harm anyone. If you’re like me, you need a little bit more coverage then what a “tinted” moisturizer can offer. I have added oil free moisturizer to my BB cream foundation and it has worked so well for me when I was feeling dry or if I had dry patches in the winter. Test it out and let me know how it works for you!
- Put your skincare, tools and masks in the fridge during the summer!: I’ve done this every single year for a few years now and honestly, it’s so delightful. Before we got our new AC handler, we’d have issues every few months with our AC going out for a few hours up to a day. Getting out of a cold shower and throwing on cold moisturizer was HEAVEN SENT! However, please check if your products can go in and out of the fridge and still hold up with the changes. Not all products can withstand extreme temperature changes and will break down. It looks like “oil based” products should not be placed in the fridge, so there you have it! Skincare fridges – Just pass on those. I had one for a year and it stopped working for no damn good reason. I think if you want one, don’t spend a ton of money on it and there’s sales on those more often now. I do have a door shelf dedicated to my skincare & tools in the fridge and I throw my “Treat YOSELF Monday” masks in there on a weekly basis!
- Primer. Primer. Primer: If you can, invest in a good primer. I’ve spoken about Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer and I honestly buy it once a year and use for special occasions but a little more often in the summer. I buy the value size (2oz) $75 HERE and I use very little each time because less is more! In between uses of the Hourglass primer I’ll use Elf Matte primer or the icy sherbet one by Touch N Sol. I would definitely try to score a deluxe sample of the Hourglass primer of you can and Sephora is always pretty great at letting you return something that doesn’t work for you!
- After setting spray, use hairspray!: I know, “hairspray? WHAAAT?!?!?!” Just humor me and try it. After you use your setting spray, let it dry and then grab your hair spray, use it like you did the setting spray and let it dry down as well. Now, here’s the down fall, DO NOT LET ANYTHING TOUCH YOUR FACE! Glasses? Take some loose powder and rub it on the nose pads and try not to move them around. If your makeup does get disturbed it will almost chip off and becomes incredibly noticeable. Up to you if it’s worth it. I wear glasses and during the summer for me, it’s worth it. Of course like anything else, it will break down at the end of the day. I haven’t found anything that’s 100% humidity proof but I have faith there’s something out there and the hairspray trick helps me A LOT!
- Less is more, ALWAYS!: Try to cut back on how much makeup you’re putting on your face. If there’s less makeup, you’re skin will breathe a bit better and it won’t look crazy when you’re sweating it off. I’ve been trying to hold back my need for a heavy makeup look especially in the summer. It just never ends well LOL.
That’s all the tips and tricks I have right now! Summer is just getting started and I’ll come back to list more as I find and try them!
That’s it! Thanks for hanging out with me again! Don’t forget:
- Skincare Basics: Myth Vs Facts (5.25 @ 8pm Est.)!
- Treat YOSELF Mask Monday: Ok we love it and it’s here to stay! This is just a reminder if you missed treating YOSELF for 15 min, there’s still time and you MATTER! Please be nicer to yourself! GO! Stop reading this and pamper yourself in any way!
- FIND ME on all of my social media HERE! I do my very best at keeping you all up to date on the latest, greatest and sometimes ridiculous beauty product releases!
- Interested in trying Jouer Cosmetics? Affiliation link HERE or you can add my code when you’re ordering: @REBELBEAUTYCOURTNEY for 15% off!
Stay classy & make good decisions!