Hello Rebels! It’s summer here in Satan’s Asshole, FL! I’m sure you’re like, “wait. she puts all of that on her face twice a day???” No. Not even a little bit. Sometimes I put half or all ONCE a day. I do not wash my face in the morning and evening. I’m not a morning person so I’m usually taking a shower at night. I will tell you this though…since using these products, my face has never looked or felt better. The redness on my cheeks and nose has calmed down. Has it helped diminish my wrinkles? No because this isn’t a fountain of youth ya’ll LOL! BUT, I think it’s slowing the process of wrinkles growing or getting deeper. I always forget before and after pictures so sorry for that! Couple things I want to cover first before we leave our beauty standards at the door and get into it:
- Hi! I’m not a doctor or a dermatologist so everything listed in this blog is my opinion and my EXPERIENCE! Always check with your doctor before starting a new skincare routine!
- My skin: Combination but leans oily in the summer. Again, I use these products once a day. I struggle with redness and discoloration on my cheeks and nose. I also have wrinkles on my forehead, under my eyes & around my mouth.
COSRX Advanced Snail Mucin Gel Cleanser ($18): What it is – “Specially formulated gel cleanser enriched with skin beneficial ingredients including snail mucin to hydrate and protect the skin.”
WHY IT’S SPECIAL:
- 10,000 ppm of snail secretion filtrate
This cleanser with snail secretion filtrate protects skin from stripping by allowing moisturization and restoring the skin while removing impurities.
- Take advantage of snail mucin’s rich, stretchy texture
The stretchy, elastic texture of snail mucin effectively works its way over the skin for impeccable cleansing deep even to the deepest pores.
- Smoothest lather for minimum stimulation:
The unique, dense texture of snail mucin helps create the smoothest lather to minimize stimulation of sensitive skin.
- No harm to the Snails!
The snails are placed over a mesh in a dark and quiet room, where they are left alone to freely roam the net and leave mucin in their trails. There is no external process applied or the mesh to force mucin production.
Snail secretion. Yes, that’s correct. It feels amazing so NO REGERTS! This is Korean skincare at it’s finest and I’m so damn glad I finally tried this out. PLEASE make sure if you’re going to purchase, purchase a few products at a time to make sure they work with your skin. I also want to point out this is a gel cleanser BUT it totally foams up! I generally can’t stand gel cleansers but that’s because they don’t foam up usually. This has a VERY faint clean citrusy smell to it (most of these products have 0 smell so that will be nice for all of you sensitive skin Rebels out there!
- COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner ($10.20): In my opinion, Toners are 100% personal choice and not everyone needs them so please keep that in mind. Toner’s generally restore hydration after you wash your face. It essentially brings in good hydration that was stripped but if you’re using a hydrating face wash I would skip this step. Also, if you do use a toner, please make sure it’s alcohol-free. No skin type needs alcohol in a product when you’re trying to keep the hydration in your face!
What it is: Watery, spray type toner provides relief to irritated and sensitive skin and calms redness.
WHY IT’S SPECIAL:
- Soothing & Hydrating for irritated, dehydrated skin
Centella asiatica leaf water is a healing ingredient that helps soothe irritated skin and calm inflamed red skin. At the same time, mineral water from Jeju Island creates glowy, smooth look by hydrating and nourishing the skin.
- Kept the ingredient list to the minimum
We kept the ingredient list short and simple and exclude all the unnecessary ingredients that might irritate the skin.
- Convenient spray type toner
The liquid is evenly distributed all over the face, delivering refreshing and cooling feeling without drenching the face.
I love spray toners. I don’t have to use cotton pads and I love that. Just spray and pat softly on the skin to insure maximum “sink in” of the product!
- COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence ($18.90): There’s quite a bit of confusion on the front of “Toner vs Essence” they are NOT the same thing.
Toner is best used after cleansing to remove any lingering residue from your skin, and to hydrate and prep the surface of the skin, she explains. Essence follows this step, and soothes the skin at the cellular level, accelerating natural turnover, and encouraging a smoother, healthier complexion as a result.riverchaseddermatology.com
Personally, I see essence as a very gentle exfoliation treatment. You can choose to use one or the other but please remember they do NOT do the same things!
What it is: Light- weight essence which absorbs into skin fast to give skin natural glow from the inside.
WHY IT’S SPECIAL:
- Snail Mucin
This high-concentrated essence protects the skin from moisture loss while keeping the skin texture smooth and healthy.
- Lightweight yet Moisturizing
This light-weight essence brings a natural glow to the skin without any residue. It is highly effective for hydrating and soothing damaged skin.
- Revitalize for healthy-looking skin
This essence is created from nutritious, low-stimulation filtered snail mucin to keep your skin moisturized and illuminated all day.
This one is a little harder to sink into the skin. Try 1 pump 1st. Right now, I go between 2-3 pumps and I’ll sit and wait about 10 min to do the next step. When it comes to multiple step routines, you do have to wait and let the product sink in. If you just pile it on, it will just sit on top of your face and feel oily. Believe me, it’s taken me years to figure this out.
- Dermelect Outcrease Retinol Trifecta Serum ($35.10): This is worth every penny and more! I did receive this bottle in a BoxyCharm but I will purchase more when this is gone. It feels like velvet and sinks in like a dream. If you aren’t sure about retinol products, please either reach out to me or do some research. This is so amazing for aging skin but please make sure you put sunblock on if you go out in the sun. Retinol and sun are not a good combo and you will be more likely to get skin damage if not protected properly. If I do shower in the morning or day I will generally skip this step if I know I’ll be out in the sun for any period of time even with the sunblock so just be careful!
- COSRX Propolis Light Ampoule ($16.80): This is a thicker version of a “serum” and can be used when you really need some straight hydration and dewiness:
An ampoule is essentially a more potent serum that’s used on occasion, whereas a serum is a product that can be worked in twice daily. Both have the ability to do things like brighten, tighten, hydrate, protect, nourish, and repair.thelist.com
What it is: Intensive caring ampule to make your skin glowy and smooth without stickiness.
WHY IT’S SPECIAL:
- Your new favorite all year-round ampoule
Best selling ampoule that everyone loves, all year long! Add to your routine for extra nourished skin with that healthy glow.
- Non-sticky, Never peeling, Highly effective
Intensive caring ampule with 83% of Black Bee Propolis Extract to make your skin glowy and smooth without stickiness.
- Minimum ingredient list with 11 ingredients
We kept the ingredient list short and simple and exclude all the unnecessary ingredients for the greatest effect.
I do use this product every day (1-3 drops) and it is very thick so use this once or twice a week depending on how it sinks into your skin.
- COSRX Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream ($21.60): This is actually the newest product I bought in this line and I’m really 50/50 about eye creams in their actually ability to make any changes so right now it’s like “let’s try it out!” COSRX is super affordable (another reason to buy a couple products at a time). I really feel my skin has been at it’s best with all of these products but this will probably be the step I personally drop after it runs out.
What it is: Non- heavy, double-functioning eye cream that visibly brightens the eye area.
- Brightening & Energizing snail mucin eye cream
This double functioning eye cream contains snail secretion filtrate which moisturizes, protects and helps rejuvenating the eye area.
- Collaboration of snail mucin, peptide, and niacinamide
Snail mucin, 5 different types of peptides, and niacimamide allows collagen production, brightening of dark circles and hydration, all-in-one!
- Housed in airless container for maximum performance:
With the airless bottle, the cream inside the bottle can be dispensed completely, which allows you to use the very last drop!
- Non heavy texture suitable for all ages:
Hydrating, fast absorbing eye cream for EVERYONE – 20s, 30s, 70s, even teens – without over nourishment.
- COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All in One Cream ($20.70): This one is probably the strangest formulation in the whole bunch that actually resembles snail excretion. I do not use a lot because a little goes a long way but once it sinks in, it completely sinks in but you’ll have to wait the longest for this to settle in. My face is super glowy without that greasy and stickiness.
What it is: Moisturizer enriched with 92% of snail mucin to give skin nourishment and moisture without oiliness.
- Snail Mucin 92%
Infused with 92% of snail mucin, this cream glides onto the skin and builds a moisture barrier to plump, hydrate and soothe skin.
- Repair, Recover, Rebuild!
An all-in-one solution cream that repairs and soothes irritated, sensitized skin after breakouts.
- Light-weight, Non-greasy
A rich gel-type cream absorbs instantly into the skin with a full of nourishment while leaving your skin feeling fresh and comfortable.
- COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream SPF 50+ ($15.95): I really love this stuff. I will actually use this instead of the moisturizing cream above if I’m going out in the sun so I just limit all the layers I’m throwing on AND it’s absolutely fine under makeup as well. That was SUPER important to me when choosing a sunblock PLUS, it protects against UVA & UVB rays!
Is this moisturizer? No, it’s sunscreen!
What it is: Formulated with Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract, the daily soothing sunblock is so lightweight that is feels like a moisturizer, and it does not leave any white cast.
- Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract
Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract is the key ingredient of COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream that soothes and moisturizes skin at the same time.
- Lightweight & Moisturizing Texture
The texture of COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream is similar to a light moisturizer, unlike other sunblock’s that leaves the skin dry and stripped. The hydrating sunscreen is absorbed into the skin fast without feeling greasy or leaving white cast. This sunblock can be worn all year long as it feels light during hot/humid summer and moisturizing in the dry season.
- Compact Size
Designed to be travel friendly, you can easily carry COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream anywhere and layer on sun protection anytime.
*ALL “What it is & Why is it so special” is directly from the website HERE*
Listen, finding a skincare routine isn’t easy but you just gotta get out there and try stuff until you find the right line up! This entire routine isn’t for everyone but I spend lots of time on skincare so my makeup comes out at it’s best and I always ask people what their skincare routine is when they ask me about makeup application. It starts with your SKIN! Even if it’s just facewash & moisturizer, start somewhere!
ALSO, PSA – please stop using a bar of soap on your face. PLEASE! Your body and your face are 2 DIFFERENT types of skin. There’s plenty of affordable face washes so do me a favor and stop it with the bar of soap!!!
That’s it! Thanks for hanging out with me again! Don’t forget:
- Skincare Basics: Myth Vs Facts (7.6 @ 8pm Est.)!
- Treat YOSELF Mask Monday: I’m aware I missed the last 2 weeks! See you on 7.11 back to our weekly schedule! I will start posting videos on Tik Tok, Instagram & Facebook of me sitting down doing a mask with you! Flood me with questions and topics you want me to discuss for a minute or 3 PLEASE! Also, just a reminder if you missed treating YOSELF for 15 min, there’s still time and you MATTER! Please be nicer to yourself! GO! Stop reading this and pamper yourself in any way!
- Next Tuesday for Part 2 I will share with you what vitamins I’m taking for my skin!
- FIND ME on all of my social media HERE! I do my very best at keeping you all up to date on the latest, greatest and sometimes ridiculous beauty product releases!
- Interested in trying Jouer Cosmetics? Affiliation link HERE or you can add my code when you’re ordering: @REBELBEAUTYCOURTNEY for 15% off
Stay classy & make good decisions!