Hey Rebels! Don’t think I forgot the 2nd part I promised! So before I get into it:
*I AM NOT A DOCTOR so please see your doctor before starting any new vitamins and ALWAYS read the labels before consumption*
This one is a little different for me to blog about and as stated above, I am not a doctor so these are 100% my own opinions on my journey. I do believe these 3 products have helped me. These aren’t magic, let me just go ahead and say that! There’s no such thing as a fountain of youth BUT I truly believe you can slow the process down if we take care of ourselves and we monitor what goes into our body. I’m still on a journey trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t work so let’s go ahead and get into it. Leave your beauty standards at the door Rebels!!!
- Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides ($31.72 20 oz): I don’t want to complicate my opinion between bovine & marine or type I & type III. It’s suggested to take 1 to 2 scoops and I do 1 scoop because I know my body will absorb the 1 scoop and the 2nd isn’t 100% needed (I also take a vitamin for hair, skin & nails too) . With that being said, the 28 servings doubles and I save money with that decision. I truly believe this product has helped a lot with my skin, hair and nails. I’ve been taking this for months now and I just add the scoop to my hot coffee. When you read reviews please keep in mind there a lot of people that struggled to get the product to disintegrate into their drink. I found it was best absorbed in HOT drinks but just add a little at a time, stir and continue to add until it’s gone. If you do put it in a cold drink, make sure you can shake it or blend it. There’s been no after taste for me. For joint support, I will say I have a bad knee (it tells me when the rain is coming lol) and it hasn’t hurt too much. I haven’t run into any issues taking this whatsoever and I know that it’s all going to help in the long run. Please do your research to find out what’s going to be best for you. I know this product has a TON of flavored ones specifically creamers for coffee or other drinks.
- Halo Beauty Her Daily Multi Body & Brain Booster ($17.46 bottle & $16.59 refill): This is probably the most cost efficient “regular” type of daily vitamin to take BUT I am going to look into something else that I don’t really have to wait on shipping for (or pay for shipping when I can run to the store). I’m not 100% sold on the Halo Beauty products as a whole and this one (and the one below) aren’t really giving me what I want that I’ve seen other products do. I can find another product with the same ingredients as this multi vitamin. The “brain boosting” portion isn’t noticeable so again, I’m just ready to try something else. I do appreciate that you buy the bottle once and you save a little money on just getting the refill pouches but the discount is less than a dollar so that’s a little unamusing for me. Up & onward I say!
- Halo Beauty Hair, Skin & Nails Booster ($39.95 bottle & $37.95 refill): When I first purchase this I was taking the 2 suggested pills and I was getting bloated from it (also too much biotin will make the skin around my lips breakout) so I went down to just the 1 and I honestly feel like, Yes, I am saving money by extending them out 2 months instead of 1 but also am I getting exactly what I need from the other ingredients by taking half? I don’t think I am. I believe the collagen is giving me more then any of these pills are and that’s just my honest opinion.
When I go through products to test the, and type up blogs, it really makes me think about these products on the full spectrum. I’m going to change up this routine as soon as I run out because clearly I’m not happy with the results (again I’m not looking for a magical pill, I just want better results). These in no way have hurt me or made me sick and I always tell people to research and make sure any new product you try, incorporate 1 at a time (also consult a Dr before any type of change). I wouldn’t stop anyone from trying any of these products, actually I hope you do try them because they could be the perfect ones for you! Since I’ve been doing all of these for months and months, my body could just be used to it and there’s just no added benefit to it. Who knows, this is one of the longest journey’s I’ve been on and my hair has been the main focus for almost 2 years. I’ve stopped dying my hair so of course it’s gotten healthier but “fullness” isn’t something that’s happened. With that being said, maybe my thinning hair can’t be reversed but I’m going to make sure I look at every option before I give up!
That’s it! Thanks for hanging out with me again! Don’t forget:
- Skincare Basics: Myth Vs Facts tomorrow (7.20 @ 8pm Est.)!
- Treat YOSELF Mask Monday: See you on 7.25 back to our weekly schedule! I will start posting videos on Tik Tok, Instagram & Facebook of me sitting down doing a mask with you! Flood me with questions and topics you want me to discuss for a minute or 3 PLEASE! Also, just a reminder if you missed treating YOSELF for 15 min, there’s still time and you MATTER! Please be nicer to yourself! GO! Stop reading this and pamper yourself in any way!
- FIND ME on all of my social media HERE! I do my very best at keeping you all up to date on the latest, greatest and sometimes ridiculous beauty product releases!
- Interested in trying Empress Me Cosmetics? Add code: COURTNEY20 when checking out!
- Interested in trying Jouer Cosmetics? Affiliation link HERE or you can add my code when you’re ordering: @REBELBEAUTYCOURTNEY for 15% off
Stay classy & make good decisions!