Hello Rebels! Hope your week is going well! I thought I’d change it up a bit and try out my swatches on Miss. Morticia here instead of doing them on my arm. Please let me know if you’d prefer to have the arm swatches included as well. I absolutely adore this palette. It’s super colorful and I got 4 beautiful looks from using the number generator to include, using every single color in the palette. Leave your beauty standards at the door and check out the YouTube video I made below:
Let’s go ahead and talk about my thoughts:
- What’s Morticia made up of? In the video I said silicone and I wasn’t completely wrong but the term is textured bionic silica gel which is supposedly mimicking the texture of skin. It’s as close as I think it is to real skin. Can it be better? Yes! But for the price, I’ll work with Morticia to work out the kinks I experienced.
- Did I use a primer? YES! I did put a primer on the last 2 eye looks and they pulled a little more pigment then the 2 before.
- Pros: I can swatch and show you eye looks at the same time, you can still see what I’m doing even though I’m left handed (doing looks on myself I’m constantly blocking or not showing my work) & I can also show graphic liner and lashes.
- Cons: Layering shadows to build and show dimension were a little wonky & blending got a little rough with the primer (could of been my primer).
Final thoughts – I think Morticia is going to be a fun edition to this blog in helping show different eye looks while I work on getting the best performance out of the eye shadow palette (I’ll get the cons worked out above as we move forward). I tried my very best to show different art with each of those looks and I really hope you enjoyed the video and this blog!
Here are a few pictures of what the pinks in this palette can do on a real person:
That’s it! Thanks for hanging out with me again! Don’t forget:
- Treat YOSELF Mask Monday: Look for my video EVERY Monday! I’m posting videos on Tik Tok, Instagram & Facebook of me sitting down doing a mask with you! Flood me with questions and topics you want me to discuss for a minute or 3 PLEASE! Also, just a reminder if you missed treating YOSELF for 15 min, there’s still time and you MATTER! Please be nicer to yourself! GO! Stop reading this and pamper yourself in any way!
- FIND ME on all of my social media HERE! I do my very best at keeping you all up to date on the latest, greatest and sometimes ridiculous beauty product releases!
- Interested in trying Empress Me Cosmetics? Add code: COURTNEY20 when checking out!
- Interested in trying Jouer Cosmetics? Affiliation link HERE or you can add my code when you’re ordering: @REBELBEAUTYCOURTNEY for 15% off
Stay classy & make good decisions!